How long can you have an ectopic pregnancy without knowing

Ectopic Pregnancy

how long can you have an ectopic pregnancy without knowing

You might not even know you're pregnant and may not have signs of a problem. But you are more likely to have an ectopic pregnancy if you have your pregnancy hasn't progressed very far, your doctor can give you an.

can   and    chota bheem or krishna full movie in urdu   marcy cage home gym mwm 7041

In a healthy pregnancy, the fertilized egg attaches itself to the lining of the uterus. In an ectopic pregnancy, the egg attaches itself somewhere outside the uterus usually to the inside of the fallopian tube. An ectopic pregnancy occurs when a fertilized egg implants and grows outside the main cavity of the uterus. Pregnancy begins with a fertilized egg. Normally, the fertilized egg attaches to the lining of the uterus.

Ectopic pregnancy is a complication of pregnancy in which the embryo attaches outside the uterus. Risk factors for ectopic pregnancy include pelvic inflammatory disease , often due to chlamydia infection ; tobacco smoking ; prior tubal surgery; a history of infertility ; and the use of assisted reproductive technology. Prevention is by decreasing risk factors such as chlamydia infections through screening and treatment. Later presentations are more common in communities deprived of modern diagnostic ability. Signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include increased hCG, vaginal bleeding in varying amounts , sudden lower abdominal pain, [4] pelvic pain, a tender cervix, an adnexal mass, or adnexal tenderness. Rupture of an ectopic pregnancy can lead to symptoms such as abdominal distension , tenderness , peritonism and hypovolemic shock.

Everything you need to know about an ectopic pregnancy, an increasingly more common pregnancy complication. One of every 50 pregnancies results in an ectopic pregnancy, which is where embryonic development occurs somewhere other than inside the uterus. Recently, two friends of Every Mother Counts experienced ectopic pregnancies and we thought it was time to discuss this increasingly more common pregnancy complication. What is an ectopic pregnancy? In 98 percent of ectopic cases, the fertilized egg implants and grows inside the fallopian tube. The other 2 percent develop in other areas of the abdominal cavity or in the cervix. How often do they happen?

Ectopic pregnancy is attachment implantation of a fertilized egg in an abnormal location. Usually, surgery is done to remove the fetus and placenta, but sometimes one or more doses of methotrexate can be used to end the ectopic pregnancy. Normally, an egg is fertilized in the fallopian tube and becomes implanted in the uterus. However, if the tube is narrowed or blocked, the fertilized egg may never reach the uterus. Sometimes the fertilized egg then implants in tissues outside of the uterus, resulting in an ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancies usually develop in one of the fallopian tubes as a tubal pregnancy but may develop in other locations. A fetus in an ectopic pregnancy sometimes survives for several weeks.

One of these steps is when a fertilized egg travels to the uterus to attach itself. Instead, it may attach to the fallopian tube, abdominal cavity, or cervix. An untreated ectopic pregnancy can be a medical emergency. Prompt treatment reduces your risk of complications from the ectopic pregnancy, increases your chances for future, healthy pregnancies, and reduces future health complications. In some cases, the following conditions have been linked with an ectopic pregnancy:. All sexually active women are at some risk for an ectopic pregnancy. Risk factors increase with any of the following:.

Back to Health A to Z. An ectopic pregnancy is when a fertilised egg implants itself outside of the womb, usually in one of the fallopian tubes. The fallopian tubes are the tubes connecting the ovaries to the womb. Unfortunately, it's not possible to save the pregnancy. It usually has to be removed using medicine or an operation.



Ectopic Pregnancy 101

Ectopic pregnancy

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

1 COMMENTS

  1. Xisennuifur says:







Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *